Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A traveller's playlist

rapzilla.com
With my trip to Europe coming up, I've been looking for some new music to include in my summer playlist. While travelling, I find that there's always that one song you hear playing at any given club or bar in a certain country, and hearing the same song again back home always brings so many memories.

As most travellers know, the best playlist is never full of the most current songs on the radio, but rather, the songs with the catchiest lyrics to dance and sing (poorly) to after consuming too much alcohol. So which songs made this list?


Here's my top ten:

1. Wonderwall - Oasis
This one's a given. I love how everyone knows the lyrics to this song, even if they only know like, five words of English.

2. It's My Life - Bon Jovi
If you're a free spirit, this song pretty much says it all doesn't it?

3. Thriller - Michael Jackson
There's no bond stronger between a group of people than the re-enactment of the Thriller dance.

4. Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
You know you love this song.

5. California - Phantom Planet
This song always conjures up beaches and the sun. What a perfect combination (also add to that list: surfers and pina coladas).

6. Down - Jay Sean ft. Lil Wayne
They play this at every backpacker bar I've been to.

7. Champagne Supernova - Oasis
I love Oasis. I think every Oasis song deserves a spot on this list.

8. Teenage Dream - Katy Perry
We may not be in high school anymore, but there's nothing better than young romance. Especially when it's with an underwear model (see music video).

9. 4 Minutes - Madonna ft. Justin Timberlake
The world is full of crazy collaborations, but this one is genius.

10. Oops I Did It Again - Britney Spears
You read my blog. You know that a Britney song will somehow make its way to this list.

(oh baby baby)

3 comments:

  1. Interesting mix! The Jackson's 'Blame it on the Boogie' always makes it onto mine ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haddaway - what is love

    we have been cruising around to this song in moscow and doing the head bob so awesome!!!

    -evgueni!

    ReplyDelete

commenting brings good karma :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...