Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday's Words of Wisdom

Hey guys!

I've decided to create a new thing today called "Wednesday's Words of Wisdom," which depending on its popularity, I might make into a permanent weekly post. The idea of WWW is that every Wednesday, I'll share a few interesting facts or knowledge that I've learned that week which might be useful. This can range from dating advice, to environmental concerns, to escaping the Italian mafia (if such an event were ever to occur in my life). Let me know what you guys think!

parkerfinalproject
          
On Dating
One of the worst things about dating attractive people is that they tend to resemble the models you see on clothing ads. So if you two ever break up, seeing your ex everywhere when you go shopping can be quite disturbing. The most unfortunate situation I can imagine is if your ex resembles an underwear model. Imagine walking into Calvin Klein and seeing posters of your ex doppelganger wearing nothing more than tiny white briefs and sporting an striking tan to compliment his impeccable abs? (yea, I would leave too and shop at Victoria's Secret instead). With that said, I'm currently avoiding H&M until their next collection comes out.

The Coffee vs. Tea Debate
As exam time is upon us (for those of you in school), no doubt coffee will soon become your new best friend. I've become immune to its effects so I go straight for the espresso, which is a lot stronger. For those who love the coffee taste but want something stronger, try the Americano (espresso and hot water). If you prefer something sweet, vanilla lattes, mochas or caramel macchiatos are your best bet (they all have espresso mixed with steamed milk and syrup). If you hate the taste of coffee in general, try green tea - it actually contains more caffeine than coffee!

Going Local and Organic
When grocery shopping, try to buy organic local produce as much as possible to support your local farmers. I'm currently working on a research paper for my sustainable biology class, and did you know that in the States, people spend only 10 cents from every dollar to buy food? Out of that 10 cents, farmers only receive a penny from it because the rest goes to marketing and chemical companies. While oranges from Zimbabwe seems a lot more exotic, keep in mind that the further away your food is produced, the more chemicals it contains, which in turn kills a lot of the biodiversity in that area. When it comes to buying food, this is the only time where I will discourage "traveling"!

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of this feature - I think you should def consider making it a weekly thing :)

    Curious about your ex-H&M model!

    xoxo
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say yes to words of wisdom! I want more of these, it's quite fun to read your. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish any of my boyfriends, exes or not, looked like david beckham. I'd be forever happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenna & Rita - Thanks guys! :)

    Cheryl - Ohh if we're choosing hot athlete boyfriends, I want either Ballack or Nadal :D

    ReplyDelete

commenting brings good karma :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...