A special thanks to Alicia for giving me the Versatile Blogger award! I've never won a blog award before, so this is exciting! As one of the rules for receiving this award I'm suppose to share 7 things about myself, so here it goes!
1. My mom entered me in a beauty pageant last year. I had to send them a bunch of photos of myself and as it turned out, I was successfully chosen for the 2nd round (damn). This involved doing a televised performance on stage, and walking down a catwalk in a bikini and heels. Of course, I humbly turned down the offer as I wasn't quite ready for the country to realize my lack of singing, dancing and high heel wearing abilities.2. I can only play one song on the guitar, and that is "Last Kiss" by Pearl Jam.
3. The first time I went backpacking, just as the plane was preparing to land, I remember freaking out a little bit and thinking, "what the hell did I get myself into?!?!" Of course, I then proceeded to having one of the best times of my life :)
4. I'm the fastest shoe shopper you'll ever meet. Every few months or so, I'll feel the urge to buy a new pair of heels, flats etc. This leads me to run to the nearest Aldo, find the cutest pair in my size, quickly buy it before I feel compiled to buy anything else, then run out of the store. The whole process takes about 10 minutes.
5. Some of the weirdest places guys have asked me out include: an elevator (this made for a very awkward ride), a phone store (a Virgin kiosk to be exact), on the subway, and in a library. Some bad pick up lines include "I'm rich," "I don't see a ring on your finger" and unbelievably, "the weather is beautiful...beautiful just like you."
6. I am a sucker for accents (some accents I love more than others).
7. While living in Chicago, I once made an audition tape with my friend for a MTV reality show. I never submitted it, but it totally would've been well received by MTV due to the large number of times I said the word "like" and my preference for wearing cleavage enhancing tops and short shorts (all very good attributes for a reality tv star in the making).
And I'm sure everyone's curious to see the results of the February contest.
And the winner is...
Congratulations MIRIAM!!!
I thought it would be cool to actually post the list ranking so everyone can check to see how they scored. A huge thanks to everyone who entered. I'm planning on making another contest sometime soon, so be sure to check back!

I'm following you on your journey around the world because I love travelling. I am currently living in Malaysia and love to travel to Singapore!
ReplyDeleteFollow me too:
www.duncaninkuantan.blogspot.com
yesssssss last place! haha i've never seen anyone post the ranking before, that's really funny
ReplyDeleteDuncan - Thanks! Your blog looks interesting too. Nice that you're living your dream. I'm planning on teaching english abroad as well...hopefully in Germany!
ReplyDeleteJackie D - Hahaha, yea I thought it'd be fun to share! :P
Last Kiss is the one guitar song I know too! haha :) Too funny, and interesting list!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the award!... Those pick-up lines are awesome :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm surprisingly the same with shoe shopping and shopping in general really. I'm quick and like to be in and out which is why I don't really like shopping with other people (so un-girly of me).
Can't wait to see what the next contest with be :)
xoxo
Jenna
1. Yay so excited!!! I want to use it now, but may leave it for my trip to Spain, Portugal & France and attempt to draw in it. :) Never had a moleskin notebook before either, what kind of graphic designer am I? ;)
ReplyDelete2. I want to see these beauty pageant photos and hear your speech.
3. I like point number 3.
4. Your posts are always so funny. :)
Haha love these 'things about you'. And let's go shoe shopping together, it pretty much takes me an entire day. Then I'm still questioning my choice because I like shoes so much that I can never decide on the ones I really want/need/etc.
ReplyDeleteLove,
http://www.thewrittenrunway.com
Haha Michelle you are so funny! I'm the same with the shoes, I have to say ;)
ReplyDeleteTexaGermaNadian - Best song ever! Who needs to know how to play other songs anyway? :)
ReplyDeleteJenna - I used to work at a clothing store, and there are always customers who spend 4-5 hours there! I would go crazy! haha.
Miriam - Definitely save it for your trip! Then your notebook will be full of sketches of nice architecture and cute boys :)
Ambyr - Shop with me for a day, and you'll soon own plenty of shoes that you'll love :)
Crazy sexy fun traveler - Haha, thanks! I'm sure you have an amazing shoe collection!
Congrats on the award! Pity I never heard of this contest...
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the award, Michelle! Oh and those pick up lines... people don't even bother to at least be creative:) And speaking of bad pick up lines, Jimmy Fallon did a hash-tag on Twitter a couple of weeks ago with the best worst pick up lines:) You should have read some of those.. too funny!! I am now following you thanks to Thirsty Thursday and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
ReplyDeleteAnd don't forget to check our new Blog Tutorial to learn a few easy tricks to make your blog fabulous and fun. See you there!
Happy Thursday
No traveling for me these days. Can I live vicariously through you? ;)
ReplyDeleteNew blog hop follower
Sweet T Makes Three
Facebook
Twitter
Federido - Thanks! And don't worry, there will be lots more contests to come :)
ReplyDeleteDesign It Chic - Haha I love bad pick up lines! (when I'm not the receiver of them) I'll have to read those!
Jenn - Of course :)
Congrats on your award. You have a great blog. I'm your newest follower from A Season for All Things. ~ Ellen
ReplyDeleteheyyyy i was 3rd not bad!! lady luck was somewhat nice to me :D
ReplyDeleteIf you go to a hostel, anticipate getting together with new friends and putting on your best happy face.
ReplyDelete