Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Coolest (Fictional) Flight Attendants of All Time

After my four-hour second interview yesterday with xx Airlines, I am (*fingers crossed* hopefully) one step closer to achieving my dreams of becoming a flight attendant!

While it will be a few weeks before any celebratory bottles of champagne can be popped (or possibly even none at all) I've decided to compile this list in honour of all the cool ladies (and occasionally men!) who play such a big role in the beginning of our travels.

The Coolest (Fictional) Flight Attendants of All Time

(image from leavemethewhite.com)
Anita Miller (Almost Famous)
I am a huge fan of Cameron Crowe and Almost Famous was the movie that introduced me to his world of 1970's subculture, set to an amazing soundtrack. This was also the movie that pretty much redefined my suburban high school life. I must have watched this movie a million times with my friends while we spent our weekends going to see local bands and indulging in some wild musician fantasies. While everyone fell in love with Penny Lane, I thought Will's sister Anita (played by Zooey Deschanel) was the coolest girl ever. I mean, anyone can hook up with a musician, but running away from home to become a stewardess is pretty badass.


(image from celebutopia.net)
Claire Colburn (Elizabethtown)
Played by Kirsten Dunst, Claire Colburn is pretty much the girl I aspire to be in life (yes, I am aware that she is a fictional character). She's spontaneous, quirky, quite ambitious, and well, she must be doing something right if Orlando Bloom is professing his love to her. Then again, Orlando Bloom is pretty lucky to be her en-route love interest. The last time I got asked out on a plane was on a flight to Boston. He was fourteen.


(watch video)
Britney Spears in Toxic music video
Welcome to the mile high club. Everyone is either a Britney fan or a closet Britney fan. While I used to be the latter category, for the sake of this post, I guess I'll have to come clean and expose my deep dark secret. While flight attendant uniforms in reality generally are not cut in a way to expose maximum cleavage, Britney puts flight attendants at the top of every man's fantasy list. After all, its Britney, bitch.


(watch video) 
Birgit Schuurman in Safe Sex Commerical 
See now if this is what flight attendants are instructed to demonstrate on flight, less people would be dozing off. While this commercial is super cheesy and spoken in Dutch, I wish I had an outfit that looked like that and flew on a giant pink airplane.

6 comments:

  1. i love almost famous... awesome movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i understand and agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about Almost Famous! Have you seen View from the Top? I don't remember much about it or what their flight attendant outfits but it was about flight attendants. :P Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of really good reading here, thank you! I had been checking on yahoo when I observed your publish, I’m going to add your feed to Google Reader, I look forward to additional from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaa this is pretty much one of the greatests posts of all time! adore almost famous and Elizabethtown. :)
    http://mcqueenismymorphine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

commenting brings good karma :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...